Monday 6 February 2017

#MealPlanningMonday - 6th February 2017

Welcome to this weeks meal planning post.

This week we shall mainly be eating out of the cupboard and freezer in an attempt to
1) use up previously bought stuff before buying new stuff which leads to
2) save money

I have all sorts of stuff but nothing that quite makes a meal so if I don't plan this right then we could possibly end up eating off a plate that looks quite similar to an all you can eat buffet on holiday, you know what I'm talking about, the plates that are piled high with pizza, spaghetti, mashed potato, sweetcorn and some prawns!

After having a good look in the cupboards, this week should hopefully look something like this.

Cottage pie with vegetables
BBQ chicken pizza
Beans on toast
Hotdogs and spaghetti
Prawn curry

I am ashamed to say that currently I have more dessert items in the house, than I do real food. At least Squiggle will be happy, he loves a pudding after tea, as do I.

So we shall be feasting on Angel Delight, Betty Crocker cake mixes, ice cream, custard and tinned fruit and just for mummy some frozen cocktails that I've found lurking in the bottom of the freezer!

Happy days!

For other ideas and inspiration, why not take a look at what other bloggers are cooking this week.


5 comments:

  1. I do like a week of clearing out the cupboards and making meals from it. Cottage pie has to be one of my favourites to do. I throw everything in that. :-).
    #MealPlanningMonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cottage pie goes down a treat here, Squiggle is very funny about eating vegetables but doesn't mind/know if they're disguised/hidden in something, he always asks for more when I make this! :)

      Delete
  2. I've been doing this too on my latest menu plans - I can finally see the back of the freezer and the cupboards again ! If you get stuck for inspiration, I have a #KitchenClearout linky where people add their recipes for using up stuff that's been lurking in the fridge/freezer/cupboards !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Cheryl, I'll definitely have a look and see if I can create something a bit different :)

      Delete
  3. Hot dogs are on so many meal plans this week, guess what will be on mine next week! I really need to have a clear out too. Hope you are having a good week, sorry for the late comment we have been struck down by colds! Thank you for joining in with #MealPlanningMonday x

    ReplyDelete