Excuse the psychotic looking sheep in the first picture, I got tired of making eyes,
so opted for a food colouring pen instead!
I was quite impressed with them, and they are quite easy to do, all you really need is a bag of marshmallows and some premade ready to roll black & white icing. I used Renwicks which I bought from Tesco.
1. Make a batch of buns/cupcakes/muffins
2. Using the black icing roll out head shapes and ears
3. Using the white icing roll out tiny eyes and press onto heads.
4. Using the black icing again roll out tiny eyeballs and press onto white balls
5. Mix up some butter-cream
6. Spread butter-cream onto buns and cover with marshmallows
7. Attach sheep heads
If you're not a fan of marshmallows than simply pipe a fluffy design onto your cakes before attaching a head.