Friday 17 June 2016

My 5 quick fixes to a tidier home

I hate cleaning, so I know I'm never going to win the Housewife of the Year award, my house is cluttered with odds and sods, I'll admit to moving the mess around to dust and vacuum and then moving the mess back but at least I know it's clean.

So I'm going to share my top 5 tips for a quick fix when guests announce they will be popping over. These tips don't work if they land on your doorstep, you do need a good 5 - 10 minutes notice!

1. Vacuum 
A clean carpet can make a great difference to a somewhat cluttered room, it makes it look and smell cleaner than it actually might be.

2. Dust
Quickly dust the focal points in the room. The area by the TV is my main dust collecting area, it needs doing every day, sometimes twice, also do the mantel piece and the edges of any mirrors.

3. Box it
If you have time, grab a box and put the clutter in it, then hide the box in another room - preferably one that your guests won't be going near, such as your own bedroom or the pantry.

4. Cover it up
Throws and blankets are brilliant, I shove everything into a corner and then put a blanket over it, I then pass it off as Squiggles den!

5. Dim the lights
If all else fails and your visitors are coming at night, then turn off your lights, use candles to create a calming and peaceful ambiance, after all if it's dark, you can't see the mess!

So these are my quick fixes, what are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment