Saturday 1 March 2014

Kids Club Cinema and a rant 'Bring back the interval!'

So as mentioned in my previous post, I woke up this morning bright and early at 7.30 am and promptly fell back to sleep!

Two hours later a rush ensued as me, Squiggle, and Mr H desperately tried to get ready to get to Kids Club at the local cinema. We thought we might try Squiggle out with another visit and decided upon watching Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2.

Bearing in mind Squiggle is still only 3, I do think it's a bit of a young age to expect a child to sit still for an hour and half, and he wasn't alone, many of the kids managed an hour before they started getting restless and wanting to go to the toilet and run around.

It got me thinking, back nearly 30 years ago when I first started going to the cinema with my mum there was always an interval during a film, with an ice cream seller who used to come and stand at the front selling tiny tubs of ice cream and bags of sweets.

Who decided to get rid of the interval? It would be such a good idea to bring it back especially for the kids, because it would give them a little break, give them chance to stretch their legs, go to the bathroom and restock up on popcorn and refreshments. Even now as an adult there have been times I have desperately wanted an interval so as not to miss any films - Titanic springs to mind, watching that much water on the big screen did nothing for my bladder! I haven't got room really to list all the good bits I've missed in films because I've needed an interval.

What do you think? Would you be welcome of a half time break or do you prefer to sit and watch films in one go?

No comments:

Post a Comment