Wednesday 12 March 2014

My Mad March Marathon: Days 10, 11 & 12

Wow, I cannot believe it's Wednesday already. Where is this week going? I think all this exercise is finally catching me up, all I've done for the last 2 nights is sleep!

Had quite a few miles to cover today to make up for the last few days, and as the day was nice and sunny I decided to put my bike in the garden and peddle away. It seemed a good idea until I remembered it was bin day and then had to suffer the embarrassment of the neighbours looking and giggling at me as they wheeled their wheelie bins back into their own gardens!

Evil Goose is coming!
This afternoon I took Squiddle up to the reservoir to the feed the ducks, all was going well until the Evil Goose came along and started honking at us. There's lots of geese up there but there's only one that flies in and starts making a racket until he is stuffed full.
Now I am scared of geese after an encounter I had when I was a little girl with a flock of them. My mum had taken me to the park to feed the ducks, but we were cornered by at least a dozen geese and attacked and chased by them. It has made both of us petrified of geese ever since, so I had to put on a brave face as I didn't want my fear to come across to Squiddle, he picks up on things too easy and then starts to copy, so the last thing I need is to make him frightened of geese.

After tea, I had another session on the bike, but had to bring it inside because it had gone cold and dark in the garden!
And now I am already tucked up in bed ready to drop off to sleep. Everything hurts tonight, my legs feel rock hard, my shoulders ache but I can nearly get back into my size 14 jeans so will keep chanting the mantra - no pain - no gain!

I have done a total of 3 hours on my bike today and covered 47.28 miles / 76.10 km

Monthly target - 1308.05 km
Cycled today -       76.10 km
Total cycled -        300.55 km
Left to go -          1007.5 km


No comments:

Post a Comment