Sunday 16 June 2013

#Juneathon - Day 16 - BBC Good Food Show

I like to dabble in entering the odd competition here and there and I was over the moon to learn that I had won 2 tickets to the BBC Good Food Show Summer from Yorkshire Pudd.

So after packing Squiggle off to his grandma and grandad for the day, hubby and I set off down the M6 back to his native homeland of Birmingham and to the N.E.C.
For once the M6 was kind to us and with no traffic delays we arrived just a little past 10 o'clock. We parked up and headed in. My oh my, it's a food lovers paradise. Nearly every stall was set up with free samples of either food or drink, and due to arriving on an empty stomach I must admit to feeling a little tipsy by 11am!

There was cheese galore to choose from, every flavour of chutney, jam, olive oils, fudge, sausages all of which needed tasting. There were drinks of every flavour from pressed cordials and slushies to chocolate wine and gold leaf champagne.
I was spoilt for choice, but settled on buying some wine and cheese for my mum and dad and some salted caramel fudge for myself.

There was a MasterChef demonstration stage where various previous MasterChef winners took part in demonstrating their cooking skills throughout the day, all being hosted by Andi Peters.
There was also an interview stage where members of the public could ask questions to celebrity chefs - I managed to catch James Martin being interviewed and I also managed to get Paul Rankin's autograph and a a sneaky photo from afar.

James Martin

Paul Rankin

The Good Food Show was also teamed up with BBC Gardeners' World Live so the outside of the N.E.C. was transformed with the RHS Floral Marquee which was packed with nurseries selling a huge range of plants, in  the grounds there were other plant stalls and things for the garden along with the show gardens.There were also stands inside the exhibition hall which were selling bird feeders, chicken coops, gazebos all sorts for your garden. They also held interviews with celebrity gardeners and we managed to catch a few questions with David Domoney.

I decided to treat myself to a couple of Ladybird Poppies, 
which will look lovely next year when they flower.

It's surprising how many miles you can cover at events like this, by the time we'd got back to the car, we'd been on our feet for 6 and a half hours and had covered a whopping 9 miles!! wandering up and down the aisles looking at every stall. I just hope I burnt off as many calories as I'd consumed today!

I had such a fantastic day and would love to go to the Winter show, but I might have to buy tickets for every day because different celebrities do different days and I'd quite like to see all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment