Sunday 2 June 2013

#Juneathon Days 1 & 2

So I received an email inviting me to join in with this years Juneathon  and decided why not take up the challenge.
Basically you have to do some form of exercise every day, log what you have done and then blog about it, so Jog, Log & Blog. Really it is a running challenge but participants can do anything from running to swimming to cycling so long as they do something everyday.
I'm not going into this lightly I know its going to be hard for me but I really need a kick start to getting my fitness levels back up - I've been on the mend for the last 3 years following my pancreatitis and although I am now looking my old self, I've yet to get my fitness & stamina levels back - I still occasionally get knackered walking up the hill ( well a slight incline ) from my mums house to mine!

Now my body currently isn't designed for running or even jogging so I am opting for walking and a dance workout courtesy of my Xbox Kinnect and Dance Central 2 & Dance Central 3.

So in true style I started Juneathon by doing diddly squat, but have more than made up for it today.

This morning I did a 50 minute routine on Dance Central 3, I've spent an hour and half working hard in my garden this afternoon cutting a tree down and this evening I went for a walk and did 2 miles in just over 40 minutes, so I am very pleased with myself.

Now if only I had a bar of chocolate to celebrate with !

1 comment: